Wednesday, July 7, 2010

First emails to our friends in Australia

Our club was very excited to start an email exchange with students from Central Coast Grammar School and Lindisfarne Anglican Grammar School in Australia. We hope to exchange mails several times during the year and learn more about each other's culture, history, family, friends, and more. We'll be sure to post the replies when we get them.

Here's a picture of a first draft.



Final product after the jump!



Hello!
My name is Mayo Fukao.
I will be 16 years old in June.
I'd like to go to Australia.
Because I want to study abroad there!!
Why, you ask?
Because I want to be an interpreter someday!
What is your dream?

I'm studying English hard for my dream.
What dream are you working hard for?

I also like music and movies.
Do you like that?

I like pop. For example, Avril Lavigne, Jesse McCarthey, Kelly Clarkson, Backstreet Boys...and so on.

I want to know about you!
Please tell me about you.

Bye!
Mayo

__________________________________________________

Hello!
My name is Mai Azegami.
I'm 17 years old.
What is your name?
I like to play sports and play music.
What do you like?

I live in Tokyo.
Tokyo has the Parliment building and Tokyo Tower.
Where do you live?

My favorite foods are sweets, sushi, and french fries.
What are your favorite foods?

I live to listen to music.
My favorite group is "OVERworld."
There are five members.
Their music is exciting!
What musicians do you like?

I'm in a band.
I play the drums and the keyboard.
Do you belong to a group?

See you again!
Mai

__________________________________________________

Hello!
I'm Sumiyo. I'm fifteen.
I like listening to music.
Do you know "My Chemical Romance" and "Pink"?
I think they are cool and good looking!
They aren't too popular in Japan.
Is this the same in Australia?
What Japanese singers do you know?
Please tell me :)

I like English.
For example, listening to English music, speaking English, and writing English, and so on.
So I'm glad to write this message!
It's like a dream come true! lol

I want to know about you.
Please tell me.
See you!

Sumiyo

____________________________________________

Nice to meet you.
My namd is Tatsuki Ueno. I'm a boy.
I'm 17 years old and I live in Tokyo.
My birthday is 25 September.
When is you birthday?

My favorite sport is soccer because it's so exciting and fun.
What sport do you like?

I like Hawaii because it is good for me to go sightseeing.
There is a beautiful ocean and it's so comfortable.
What place do you like?

I like Japanese sushi. It's very delicious.
What kind of food do you like?

I also like movies. For example, "Batman," "Top Gun," and "For a Few Dollars More."
What movies do you like?

So, I'm looking forward to seeing you.
See you later,

Tatsuki

__________________________________________


Hello!
Nice to meet you.
My name is Tsukasa Takahashi. Please call me Tsukasa.
I am a girl. I'm seventeen years old.
I live in Edogawa in Tokyo.

How old are you?

My hobbies are watching movies and listening to music.
I like fantasy movies but I don't like horror.
I like Justin Bieber.

My favorite sport is swimming.
Do you live near the ocean?

Japan has Tokyo Disneyland and Disney Sea.
I like there. My favorite character is Minnie Mouse.
Have you ever visited Disneyland?

See you,
Tsukasa

____________________________________________

Hi!
My name is Momo Ishiyama.
What's your name?

My favorite food is sushi.
What is your favorite food?

I want to be a children's doctor.
Because I want to help children.
What do you want to be?

I live in Tokyo.
Where do you live?

I like to read many books.
Do you like to read many books?

I like English, Mathematics, and Science. But I don't like Japanese.
Japanese is difficult for me.
Do you like Japanese?

Bye,
Momo

______________________________________________


Hello.

I'm Ryo. Age 17.
I like music.
I love The Beatles and I play guitar everyday.
But I don't practice enough.
How about you? What music do you like?

Where are you living now?
Please tell me about your country's culture.

What did you do last week?
Do you know Iaido? I do Iaido.

What do you want to do in the future?
Do you like sports?

What fashion is in Australia?

Please tell me your favorite movie.
I like Back to the Future.

Sincerely,
Ryo Sakaino

No comments:

Post a Comment