Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Welcome to Crossroads!

Welcome to the first of what we hope will be many posts to the Kanto Daiichi High School International Club's official blog, Crossroads.

Why Crossroads? Well, we wanted a title that communicated the idea of several different countries and cultures meeting in one place. Our club has students of Japanese, Korean, Filipino, and Chinese decent (as well as an American teacher), and our school has students with family ties to places all over the world, from Asia to Africa. Beyond the diversity within our own walls, our club is working hard to develop a strong sister school relationship with Central Coast Grammar School and Lindisfarne Anglican Grammar School in Australia, as well as Tavistock College in the UK. So as ambassadors to the international community both inside and outside of our school, we feel we are truly standing at the place where international cultures, experiences, and perspectives meet: the crossroads.

This is our first year as a club so as excited as we are to start having fun, we also realize that we have a lot of work to do. We hope this blog will help us record our achievements, see where we have been, and decide where we want to go in the future. And of course, we hope that this will be a place where our families and friends can share in our experiences as we grow throughout the year. Feel free to post a comment. Everyone is welcome!





Until next time!

4 comments:

  1. Hi! I am Eric Sensei’s mom. I think the International Club blog is very well done! It has a good mix of pictures and text. I especially enjoyed the post about your Sports Festival and your e-mails to the students in Australia. I look forward to reading future posts on Crossroads. Most of all, I appreciate the opportunity this gives me to “meet” some of the students Eric is working with. Sincerely, Anne Oswald

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Eric/international club. Just felt that I should mention here what an amazing time all us Australians had with you. For all of us it was just the best experience and we will miss you all so much. Everyone at the international club showed us so much kindenss more than we couldve imagined which made our time in Tokyo truly special. I really hope that exchange between our schools will continue so that others can have just as an amazing time as we did. Thankyou for all the memories, Inger

    ReplyDelete
  3. Inger,

    So sorry for the late reply. We didn't see your comment until today. The pleasure was all ours! Hope everything is going well in Australia and we're all looking forward to seeing you again soon! Take care,

    INC Members

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi!!Eric long time no see!!!!
    I'm Tatsuki Ueno! Do you remember me? I was a member of INC first generation!! I'd been School twice after I Graduated school,but i could't see you, so i wanted to talk a lot!! However, now I'm in Newzealand!! For study Endlish and work, so if you have time to talk, plase tell me!!

    Then, I check the activity of INC, I'm surprised at rest of students have a good experience and INC is developing:) I hope INC develop more and more!!

    ReplyDelete